Exploring the Vineyards
Have you already been to South Styria? Then let us surprise you. We’d like to suggest some extraordinary ways of how to explore our beautiful country. You may discover the countryside from various “viewpoints”: during a flight with a hot air balloon, on horseback or on a Harley trip. You will enjoy the discovery of many new facets of our wine-growing area.
Is it your first visit to South Styria? Then we suggest you chug on the vintage tractor uphill and downhill across the vineyards. This way you can explore the fascinating landscape at a more leisurely pace.
Event-Highlights in the region
> Calendar of the most important events in the region (only in German).
South Styria – a place for epicureans, sports lovers and explorers
- Pleasure trip with an exclusive BMW or MINI! Click at: “Test the best” @ Golden Hill
- On foot: just in front of the doorstep, you will find countless walks.
- Promising and exciting. Here you can find the most beautiful hiking routes (easy – medium – difficult) in Southern Styria!
- The great adventure on the Demmerkogel: A more than 3 km long, family-friendly hike with many exciting stations across the Demmerkogel, the highest elevation of the South Styrian hill country.
- Sausaler Rundwanderweg: A varied hike with many opportunities to stop at wine taverns and wineries. Starting and finishing point is the wine museum in Kitzeck.
- With the e-mountain bike, you can ride rather effortlessly up and down through the hilly landscape. Two special e-mountain bikes of the high-end brand CUBE are available for free. There are mountain bike routes for both beginners and professionals.
- On the Harley Davidson you will enjoy a new feeling of freedom – we will be happy to hire a motorcycle for you.
- Having a run, a Nordic walking tour or a snowshoe hike you will find happiness, step by step.
- Being horse riding enthusiasts, we will be delighted to accompany you for a ride out.
- On the golf course, you can combine a marvellous round of golf and nature experiences.
- Taking a ride on a Vespa, you will feel rejuvenated and you will certainly find a beautiful picnic spot.
- In the hot air balloon, you can float silently above the picturesque hills of South Styria. You start directly in front of the Loft.
- A helicopter pleasure flight will be an unforgettable highlight of your holidays.
- Find inner peace whilst walking with an alpaca over the vineyards. Your date with the cuddly animal of a special kind!
- For surfers and sailors – The nearby “Waldschachersee” Lake will cast a spell over you.
Helicopter pleasure flights over South Styria
That’s how unlimited freedom feels like: You arrive by plane at Graz airport and land after a helicopter pleasure flight at your holiday destination Golden Hill Country Chalets & Suites.
Upon arrival we are here to pick up your luggage and greet you with a glass of champagne. Then you will start your exclusive flight with the helicopter and experience the picturesque landscape of South Styria. “Free as a bird“ the exceptional point of view from the helicopter invites you to marvel the Styrian vineyards. After a breath-taking flight you will land safely at the area of Golden Hill.
Of course you can take off directly from Golden Hill.
Give away special joy. This experience is the ideal birthday or Christmas present or THE idea for your marriage proposal high in the air. The arrangement depending on flight duration and size of helicopter is already possible from Euro 600,- per person. All Golden Hill offers can be combined with the helicopter flight.
We have more ideas for exceptional experiences – don’t hesitate to ask us!
Winter in South Styria
Even in wintertime the Sausal and the surrounding area offer a diversity of leisure options and attractive excursion destinations. If you have the ardent desire for a time-out, then the chalets or Loft of the Golden Hill Country Chalets & Suites will be a perfect place for you. Whether fine dining, wine tasting, experiencing art and culture, winter hiking, snowshoe hiking, running, horseback riding, ballooning, cross-country skiing, exploring the sparkling advent season, visiting wine makers, dairies or oil mills … the list of things to do is endless.